Worthy is having sufficient worth or importance worthy to be remembered. What does it mean to be worthy? Being worthy means that you are aware that you deserve respect and have self-respect for yourself. We all deserve respect and need to have self-respect. Value your time, your space, and your life. You don’t have to be perfect to be worthy. Everyone deserves love and acceptance and to be embrace for who they are flaws and all.
Now that we know what worthy means, let’s take a look at what Walking Worthy of the Lord means. In order to Walk Worthy, we must first understand the tremendous price God paid to redeem us and we must appreciate his sacrifice.
‘I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”Ephesians 4:1-3 ESV (English Standard Version)
There are several characteristics that a person should possess in order to be considered to be walking Worthy of the Lord. These attributes are as follows:
- Pursue the goal of pleasing the Lord in everything that you do. Behave in a way that you strive to please the Lord.
- Constantly bear the right kind of fruit. Exhibit the Fruits of the Spirit: love joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control.
- Continuously increase your knowledge of God. Read and study the Bible.
- Constantly receive God’s strength. I can do all things through Christ.
- God will develop patience and tolerance into our lives. He will give us calmness to help us through any situation.
- Always give joyous praise to God. Thank Him for what He has done and praise Him for who He is.
We are to Walk and Grow in Christ. We do that by keeping the faith, being repentant, and asking for forgiveness. We Keep the faith by continually believe in, trust God to take care of you, to give you the assistance you need. Repentant is expressing regret or remorse about a wrongdoing you have done.
God’s grace makes you Worthy. There’s nothing you can do apart from Christ that can make you Worthy. Seek God. Talk to Him, His Grace is sufficient for you.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”Ephesians 2:8-9
I encourage you to Walk close to Jesus, try to please Him, Study the Word of God and Talk to Him daily. Live a life Worthy of the Lord.
God Bless. Keep the Faith. Trust in God. Thank you! May God direct your paths, comfort and strengthen you and surround you with His love.
Leave a Reply