Living With a Covid-19 Positive 2 Year Old:

Coleman is sick

Yesterday I posted that I’d appreciate prayers 🙏🏼 for my grandson who is really sick. His mom and I took him to Levine Children’s Hospital in downtown Charlotte to have a doctor check him out. You might ask; “What prompted that action?” Well, let me tell you.

Approximately around midnight the day before ( Monday evening) he woke up and came out of his room all irritable and making groaning noises. We didn’t think much of it at the time ( he has woken up in the middle of the night before). So we ( his mom and myself) comforted him, had him use the potty, gave him some milk and some yogurt. He seemed okay ( looking back, maybe 🤔 not fully). After some cuddle time we put him back to bed.

The next morning, Tuesday, he was lethargic, running a high fever, irritable, not able ( or interested in eating), barely drinking fluids. For him that’s extremely unusual. Normally, by 9:00 am he has drunk 2 cups of milk, had some cereal, and either French toast, waffles, or pancakes. The cereal is mainly to tide him over until I get his breakfast cooked. I do not use frozen breakfast items. He is allergic to dairy and soy, so any store bought items need to have the ingredients examined before purchasing to ensure they do not contain those ingredients.

Back to Coleman’s condition, he was not able to keep food or drink down and he was running a high fever. I tried to cool him down with a cold bath, however, that did nothing to bring his fever down. I had already given him children’s Tylenol. At that point I texted my daughter asking her to come out of her room. [She had been in bed not feeling well herself]. She had the thermometer with her which she brought out. His temperature was 102 °. At which time I asked her to call his doctor. His doctor’s office stated they could not get him in to be seen for 2 days. They suggested, if we wanted him seen sooner, we take him to Levine Children’s Hospital.

At the hospital, they took his vitals, his temp after we arrived was 103°. The children’s hospital is a little over a half hour, longer if there’s a lot of traffic. The nurse gave him Motrin and a anti-nausea medication. That seemed to temporarily make him feel a little better.

Once the doctor saw him he ordered a couple of tests, one of which was a test for Covid-19. By the time we got back home, he was back to running a fever and not feeling very good. Luckily ( for me anyway), he slept through the night. And so far no more vomiting, I’m am very glad. Yesterday he threw up all over me. Not the situation one exactly wants.

Coleman has Covid-19.

I will update as the week goes along. For now, my time is all taken up with caring for my grandson. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: