If you could go back in time, would you? Would you go back and give yourself some advice? Would giving yourself advice change the outcome of how you live is right now? Yes, we have all made mistakes in our lives, but I believe we have all learned from them. I, at least, hope I have. Going back in time and giving advice to oneself could be a dangerous thing. Why? If we took our own advice, did things differently, our mistakes would not necessarily be the same. We would still make mistakes no doubt about that, but the lessons we learned would be different and the transitions we’ve gone through in life would not be the same. Therefore, we would be in an alternate universe so to speak. Plainly speaking, we would not be where we are today. At this point in time, if we listened to our own advice and made changes to how we lived. Then again, only God knows what the outcome would be.
Giving advice would mean that we were giving ourselves guidance, opinions, or recommendations regarding our future actions and conduct. Would that be a good or bad? Giving advice to yourself after everything you’ve lived and experienced might hinder yourself from taking the time to look inward and listen to yourself. To learn on your own, at that particular time period, who you are and what you want out of life. Advice should only be given if it is sought after. Even though we have learned that we probably should have done some things differently when we were teenagers, we might not have listened to the advice we gave ourselves if we went back in time to give it.
Now we are at an impasse. Do we give ourselves advice? What would be the best advice to give ourselves? There is not just one specific piece of advice I would give myself, but several suggestions would be made. The following is a list of some of the suggestions I would advise myself.
- Never Give Up….You are stronger than you think…You can do anything.
- Never try to be someone else…you are perfect exactly as you are.
- Stay true to your faith…. Live your life for God
- Take time to know yourself…Learn who you are.
- Worry less…live in the present
- Don’t make assumptions…. they’re usually wrong
- Be courageous…. Step out of your Comfort Zone
- Trust yourself… Have faith in your abilities
- Smile… Laugh… Be kind… your life will be different by doing so
- Always be the best person you can be.
- Do not judge… you never know what someone has been through
The list could go on forever, but I won’t. Always choose your words wisely, they can never be undone. You can beat the odds. Know what you are meant to do and don’t let anyone, or anything prevent you from doing what you know in your heart you are meant to do.
God bless. Be the best you can be. Stay true to yourself. Keep the faith. Please feel free to like, comment, and follow. I appreciate y’all.
Leave a Reply